Eight Tricky Interview Questions
CHICAGO, IL -- Does the thought of going on a job interview cause your palms to sweat and your body to break out in hives? First, take the proper amount of time to prepare for your interview. Being well-prepared will boost your confidence and lower your anxiety. Experts recommend that you spend at least three hours preparing for each interview.
You should draft answers to the most common interview questions and practice speaking them out loud. Here are eight common questions to prepare for:
1) Why should we hire you?
2) Why do you want to work here?
3) What are your greatest weaknesses?
4) Why did you leave your last job?
5) Describe a problem situation and how you solved it.
6) What accomplishment are you most proud of?
7) What are your salary expectations?
8) Tell me about yourself.
Additionally, make sure to read up on the company with which you will be interviewing and prepare some questions of your own. This lets the interviewer know that you're truly interested in the company and the position. As a final step in your preparation, make sure you have good directions to the interview site.